8/26/14

i'm lighting up my feet

So young  and attractive, very attractive. He's tall, dressed in a fine gray suit,white shirt, and black tie with unruly dark copper colored hair and intense, bright gray eyes that regard me shrewdly. It takes a moment for me to find my voice.




I place my hand in his and we shake. As our fingers touch, I feel an odd exhilarating shiver run through me.I withdraw my hand hastily, embarrassed. Must be static. I blink rapidly, my eyelids matching my heart rate.


Why does he have such an unnerving effect on me.His overwhelming good-looks maybeThe way his eyes blaze at me.The way he strokes his index finger against his lower lip.I wish he'd stop doing that.

He smiles, but the smile doesn't touch his eyes. Again this is at odds with someone who wants to feed the world, so I can't help thinking that we're talking about something else, but I'm absolutely mystified as to what it is. I swallow hard. Thetemperature in the room is rising or maybe it's just me. 

I want to know about you. I think that's only fair. His gray eyes are alight with curiosity. Double crap. Where's he going with this.He places his elbows on the arms of the chair and steeples his fingers in front of his mouth. His mouth is very... distracting. I swallow.


He places his hands for a moment on my shoulders. I gasp at the contact. If he notices my reaction, he gives nothing away. His long index finger presses the button summoning the elevator, and we stand waiting - awkwardly on my part, coolly self-possessed on his.The doors open, and I hurry in desperate to escape. I really need to get out of here. When I turn to look at him, he's  leaning against the doorway beside the elevator with one hand on the wall. He really is very, very good-looking. It's distracting. His burning gray eyes gaze at me.






















No comments:

Post a Comment